Running to help kids living in the slums of Accra, Ghana, West Africa
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we will be running our
7th Annual Arm of Hope 5k Run/Walk Fundraiser
a little differently this year!
May 15-June 15
You have two options for participation in the Arm of Hope 5k Fundraiser:
1. A Virtual Race or 2. A Run/Walkathon
Are you ready to get started?
For those who want to pay a $30 fee and compete against others. Winners based on time. Prizes Awarded.
1. Virtual Race Instructions:
1. Download the Strava App to your phone.
2. Pick a Day to Run: between May 15 and June 15 and head over to the race course site- 1806 Harrisburg Ave, Mt Joy, PA
3. Open this Link to see the course.
4. Run the Course as Laid Out on Strava.
5. Send an email with your race results to firstname.lastname@example.org to report your time. Once all races are complete on June 16th, winners will be notified and prizes sent to your home.
Registration is $30. You will receive an Arm of Hope T-shirt. You will have the option to raise money and earn more prizes.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for the top 3 overall finishers
1st place -$75 Amazon Gift Card
2nd place – $50 Amazon Gift Card
3rd place – $25 Amazon Gift Card
Click Here to REGISTER for Option 1: Virtual Race
For those who want to run or walk individually (noncompetitively) and fundraise so that more kids can attend summer camp.
2. Run/Walkathon Instructions:
1. Pick a Date to Run/ Walk – Be prepared to document your run/walk with pictures and/or video. Post these on your social media with why you support this worthy cause and how your run/walk went. (Send them into the church office too.) This will help raise awareness about the Arm of Hope ministry!
2. Sign up to Participate: Click the REGISTER for Option 2: Run/Walkathon link below and fill out the brief form. There is no registration fee. (All funds will be raised by your supporters using social media or by email to get the word out; however, you can also be your first contributor!) Once you have given your contact information, T-shirt size and selected a prize, click “Register” and you will be directed to create your fundraising page.
3. Personalize Your Own Fundraising Page: Follow the simple instructions to create your account. (Save your login information so you can access your fundraising account as needed.) You may want to have a photo of yourself ready to upload. Once this step is complete, you will be given a link that you can share on social media or email to friends and family for donations.
4. Share Your Page with Supporters: Your supporters can click the link on your fundraising page and donate electronically or mail a check to Hope Community Church if desired. fundraising page will keep a tally of how much has been raised and may inspire others to help meet your goal.
Fun idea: Consider making your run/walk a family affair and complete it together!
Click here to REGISTER for Option 2: Run/Walkathon
Participants will be awarded prizes based on the following increments raised.
Raise $30 and receive an Arm of Hope 5K race shirt
Raise $150 and receive an Arm of Hope 5K race shirt AND pick from your choice of
- an Arm of Hope dri-fit quarter zip long sleeve shirt or
- an Arm of Hope Hoodie or
- a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
Raise $500 and receive all three prizes!